History of Sa-Matra's Wasteland
- "Rotate the object": being fan of base building this was one of the first features that I created. During further development I also created "Release (horizontal)" and "Lock object".
- We switched third team from Civilians to Independents and allowed Independent to kill each other making them free for all team (Tonic's had Civilians which were able to go rogue by pressing a button but team wasn't supposed to attack each other, it was 3 teams plus rogues with weird rule not to kill Civilians, we didn't like it at all)
- Icons over heads, it was a real breakthrough by letting players group up and see friendlies without checking into map's players list which was nearly suicidal
- Randomized gun store assortment and ability to sell entire crates with everything inside instead of one gun at the time. We also reformed prices and overall economy of the mission. Now gun store was selling every existent gun in the game instead of static pre-defined list that Tonic had.
- Removal of gun store "No shooting" restriction which players always broke by running over other players with cars or shot them from outside of zone. We made it so that it displays on map if gun store is occupied or not. It also warns you if enemy enters gun store while you are in.
- Team respawn in towns. Another ground-breaking feature, no more random respawn and killing yourself until you spawn close to where you want, now BLUFOR and OPFOR were able to spawn with friendlies in towns as well as Indeps spawned in desired part of the map
- Anti-teamkill measures. It was a great addition to counter teamkillers and griefers, now players were able to punish or forgive their teamkiller and if teamkiller was punished twice, he got locked into Independent team until end of game.
Changing some of the wording of the strings and dialog design to differ from yours but otherwise actual working code of our team-kill punish system is different, so no.
- My code: //pastie.org/5466129
- Their code: //pastie.org/5466131 Changing variable name from publicVar_teamkillersList to pvar_teamKillList makes it a complete rewrite according to 404games. List of their bullshit excuses\lies can be continued. Not only they stole my code and try to pass it as theirs, they also distributed it to everyone, claiming themselves as only developers after Tonic. So to the conclusion of what current Wasteland is and who made it:
Wasteland это ПВП миссия-песочница без конкретной цели. Миссия проходит на карте Черноруссия, есть три команды по 40 ролей в каждой: Синие (BLUFOR), Красные (OPFOR) и Независимые (Indepenent).